Testamentary Bequests For Creating A Jewish Future
How Your Testamentary Bequest Works
- You ask your Estate Planning lawyer to provide a gift in your Last Will & Testament for “Bais Menachem Chabad Inc.” If you already have a will, ask the Estate Planning lawyer to prepare an amendment (codicil) to your Last Will & Testament providing a gift for “Bais Menachem Chabad Inc.”
- You choose what you leave; a percentage of your estate, a specific amount, or give specific property that you identify (like appreciated real estate or stocks and bonds). Also, you might want to create an endowment in your Will so your gift can provide ongoing support while living in perpetuity.
- You can choose the use of what you leave by making a “restricted” gift. We are happy to help you find a meaningful use of your gift that supports the programs you most want to help.
- Or you can allow Bais Menachem Chabad to decide the best ways to use your gift; providing flexibility to deal with changing circumstances or new needs in the future.
- Your bequest does not take effect during your lifetime; but, provides predictability to your commitment.
- You create a Last Will & Testament, or modify a current one, to name “Bais Menachem Chabad Inc” as a beneficiary.
- When the Will is probated, your Personal Representative distributes the money, real estate or other assets you are leaving (whatever you choose) to Bais Menachem Chabad Inc.
- You can always modify your Will during your lifetime.
- This is the simplest way for individuals to leave a Jewish legacy.
- You will receive proper recognition of your leadership as a member the Jewish Legacy Society.
GLOSSARY OF TESTAMENTARY GIVING
Specific Bequest – You leave Bais Menachem Chabad a percentage of your estate; a specific dollar amount; or a specific asset, such as securities or real estate.
Residuary Bequest – After your Will identifies portions of or items in your estate to others you want to benefit, the “residue” can be bequeathed to Bais Menachem Chabad
Endowments – You might choose to leave a larger amount. Then the income from it supports the programs you choose, or provides Bais Menachem Chabad a source of income to meet needs now and in the future. Your gift is permanent. You can identify the endowment fund with your name; the name of your family; or even for a loved one as a memorial that lasts forever.
Your commitment supports the work of Chabad at the University of Tampa in Tampa, Florida. Bais Menachem Chabad Inc is recognized by the IRS as an IRC Sec. 501(c)(3) organization.
We would be pleased to work with you, your family, and your estate planning or financial adviser, to develop the strategy that most reflects your personal values and wishes.